SILKKITERRIERIT TIIMI
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SILKKITERRIERIT TIIMI

SILKKITERRIERIT TIIMIN FOORUMI ON SILKKITERRIERI HARRASTAJIEN OMA YKSITYINEN FOORUMI

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

[b]Crufts[/b]

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
virginia

virginia

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2007-07-08

[b]Crufts[/b] Empty
PostSubject: [b]Crufts[/b]   [b]Crufts[/b] EmptyThu Feb 14 2008, 11:23

The entries for Crufts are out now there are 29 AST's entered made up of 13 males and 16 females. We believe there are quite a few dogs entered from overseas possibly even some from USA. It should be an interesting competition with some top quality exhibits.

Also the entries are out for the YKC handling final, there are only 8 finalists in Terhi's group which is Toy and Utility, and out of that only 2 toy breeds Terhi's AST and a Long Coat Chihuahua (of course AST's are in Toy Group in UK), the rest of the finalists are made up of Tibetan Terriers (some from the famous Araki Kennel) and also a Shiba Inu. I am sure Terhi will do well and hold her own in this top competition :arc: . The YKC Handling is completely different from the Junior Handling. In YKC they have a class for 17-24 years old, which is where Terhi will compete I think it is only in UK where the junior handling extends to include this age group.

Also at Crufts is Discover Dogs and some of us from the Australian Silky Terrier Club of Great Britain will be at the stand with dogs on all 4 days though probably only in the morning of the 1st Day which is Toy Day from midday we shall be at the ring. Everyone is welcome to come and see us at the stand.

For anyone reading this please remember if you go to Crufts that photography of dogs and people is strictly forbidden without the permission of the owners of the dogs and the person being photographed. Several exhibitors in this breed seem to be in the habit of taking photos without permission and then publishing them on the internet, and pretty awful photos as well. If you break this rule then you may be expelled from Crufts, reported to the Kennel Club and prevented from showing under KC rules if you are an exhibitor. The Kennel Club have very recently confirmed all this in writing to the committee of the ASTGB. As everyone has seen the KC are taking a very tough line on many things this year including coat testing. I dont know if the KC have produced guidelines on what coat preparations are allowed because so many shampoos contain chemicals which are bound to leave a residue.
I am going to try and find out if there is a paper or list of banned and prohibited substances or guidelines.
Back to top Go down
Elsy-V.E.S.

Elsy-V.E.S.

Number of posts : 297
Registration date : 2007-11-12

[b]Crufts[/b] Empty
PostSubject: Re: [b]Crufts[/b]   [b]Crufts[/b] EmptyThu Feb 14 2008, 13:05

Thank you Tanya for this important information from Crufts.

[b]Crufts[/b] 273204 [b]Crufts[/b] 273204 [b]Crufts[/b] 273204

I dont know if the KC have produced guidelines on what coat preparations are allowed because so many shampoos contain chemicals which are bound to leave a residue.
I am going to try and find out if there is a paper or list of banned and prohibited substances or guidelines.
This is so exiting to know later if you have some news of this issue....
We all in Finland wait anxious to this competition and the results from there... :laie: and I think that everyone of this team will send you best wishes and good luck all of you there.

:team:

Hugs from
Back to top Go down
http://www.ves.fi
Jude

Jude

Number of posts : 269
Registration date : 2006-12-26

[b]Crufts[/b] Empty
PostSubject: Re: [b]Crufts[/b]   [b]Crufts[/b] EmptyThu Feb 28 2008, 13:09

Best of luck to everyone going to Cruft´s [b]Crufts[/b] 236345
One week to go, right?
Remember to keep us posted on the results :team:
Back to top Go down
virginia

virginia

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2007-07-08

[b]Crufts[/b] Empty
PostSubject: Coat testing   [b]Crufts[/b] EmptyThu Feb 28 2008, 19:53

A further warning has appeared this week in Our Dogs breed notes (Bolognese) written by Liz Stannard (who is the representative at the Kennel Club for Australian Silky Terriers) warning about coat testing at Crufts saying that "overseas exhibitors" should be very worried about being caught. I know Liz very well, she is also on the KC coat testing committee. I asked her what substances were "banned" and she said anything that enhances the colour or texture of the coat, but the KC will not give a list, which is not helpful. So the KC make the rules and we dont know them !!

On the morning of the show the Secretary of the national breed club of the breeds to be tested will be notified by the Kennel Club as to which dogs in the breed classes will be tested. I suspect they have already identified some exhibitors (foreign) who they believe are likely to break the KC rules.

The Secretary of the ASTCGB would be notified if testing was going to take place in our breed. She will be the only one who knows.

HOWEVER, many of the national breed clubs take the view that if they believe anyone exhibiting (especially overseas exhibitors) are breaking the regulations at Crufts and they have good reason to believe coats have been dyed, the club committees will go directly to the Kennel Club and report. So for anyone out there in ANY breed, if your breed is NOT tested by the KC dont think for one minute you have got away with it !!

I hope that no one in the Silky breed classes will break the rules and shame the breed.
Back to top Go down
Elsy-V.E.S.

Elsy-V.E.S.

[b]Crufts[/b] Empty
PostSubject: Re: [b]Crufts[/b]   [b]Crufts[/b] EmptyWed Mar 05 2008, 16:46

Hello everybody,

now the time is give warm hugs and best wishes to TEAM becouse the Crufts competition In Birmingham in England start soon! [b]Crufts[/b] 971429
The days are: 6.-9.3.2008

Number of Dogs: 13
Number of Bitches: 16
Total:29
Entries of Dogs:13
Entries of Bitches:17
Total Entries:30

Elikka nyt pian alkaa Cruftsin näyttely Englannissa, Birminghamissa, jonne Tiimille toivotamme lämpimät halaukset ja terveiset! Näyttely pidetään 6.-9.3.2008.

Nyt kaikki tassut, hännät, korvat, peukut ja varpaat pystyyn ja toivottamaan onnea kilpailijoille!!! [b]Crufts[/b] 156102 [b]Crufts[/b] 156102 [b]Crufts[/b] 156102

Ja heti kun tietoa saamme Englannista, kerromme tuloksista... sunny

:team:
Back to top Go down
Elsy-V.E.S.

Elsy-V.E.S.

[b]Crufts[/b] Empty
PostSubject: [b]Tarkennusta aikatauluihin[/b]   [b]Crufts[/b] EmptyThu Mar 06 2008, 12:52

Tarkennusta vielä Cruftsin aikatauluihin:

eli tänään TORSTAINA 6.3.2008 on SILKIT KEHÄSSÄ NRO 26, HALLI NRO 5. Tuomarina toimii: Mr P.J. Green (USA). Tässä alla tuomarin ohjelma tästä kehästä...kellon aika ei ole tiedossa tarkempana, mutta varmasti tuloksia tulee heti tänne tiimiin niiden ilmaannuttua tietoomme... :D

~ AUSTRALIAN SILKY TERRIER ~
Judge: Mr P.J. Green [USA]
Ring Number 26 Hall 5

15. Special Junior Dog
16. Post Graduate Dog
17. Open Dog
18. Good Citizen Dog Scheme Dog
19. Special Junior Bitch
20. Post Graduate Bitch
21. Open Bitch
22. Good Citizen Dog Scheme Bitch

This is program of judge Mr. P.J. Green (USA) of Crufts competition. Today 6.3.2008 is Silkys turn but we don't know exact time..but we tell immediately when the results are ready... :D

[b]Crufts[/b] 877825
Back to top Go down
sigga

sigga

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2007-09-01

[b]Crufts[/b] Empty
PostSubject: Re: [b]Crufts[/b]   [b]Crufts[/b] EmptyThu Mar 06 2008, 18:17

awwwww.......
can not wait to "hear" the resaults...
[b]Crufts[/b] 307388 [b]Crufts[/b] 307388