SILKKITERRIERIT TIIMI
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SILKKITERRIERIT TIIMI

SILKKITERRIERIT TIIMIN FOORUMI ON SILKKITERRIERI HARRASTAJIEN OMA YKSITYINEN FOORUMI

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

How to Understand What You Read?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Kristiina Teerikorpi

Kristiina Teerikorpi

Number of posts : 457
Registration date : 2006-12-20

How to Understand What You Read? Empty
PostSubject: How to Understand What You Read?   How to Understand What You Read? EmptyTue Feb 17 2009, 20:18

study How to Understand What You Read?

Sometimes when you read in school or just for fun, and it is hard to understand what is really going on in the story. Follow these tips and you will be able to understand a lot more!

1. Make sure you understand all the words you are reading.

2. If there is a word you are unclear about, ask someone who knows, or look in a dictionary so everything is crystal clear.

3. Read the words, and picture everything that you read in your head like its a movie and you are the directer.It may seem like more work, but it is a lot more fun,and it will help you remember and understand what you are reading a lot better.

Sometimes focusing on major details doesn't always help. if that is too hard, just focus on major or key points.

Don't leave out too much though!

How to Teach Yourself to Read...

If you or somebody you know cannot read, you should know that you are not alone. In America, 42 million adults can't read, and millions more can read only a little[1]. In many places, the numbers are even higher. Those who are able to read are very lucky. This page will show you how to take the first steps.

1. Recognize that you have trouble reading as well as you want. Many adults feel ashamed that they cannot read. Sometimes, admitting that there is a problem is the hardest part.

2. Commit yourself to learning to read. You may find it difficult, but you must not give up.

3. Get help.
* Ask at your library. Many libraries have reading programs to tutor people who want to read. These programs are free and confidential. If your library does not have a reading program, they may tell you where else you can get help.
* Find at least one person who can help. This person can be a teacher, a tutor, or a family member, but it should be somebody you can trust.

4. Can you read a little bit?
Consider what you can already read. Can you write your name? Can you read a STOP sign? If so, you are reading, at least a little bit.

5. Learn the letters of the alphabet. Each letter represents a sound, and the sounds together make up words.

6. Learn the blends. Blends are when two letters combine to make a sound. For example, together the letters TR can be used to spell "truck".

7. Read words by putting together letter sounds. Practice the sounds alone, then say them together faster to make a word. What does the word mean?
* Start with simple, short words.
* Read out loud at first, even if nobody is listening.
* Try reading silently, saying the words to yourself in your head.

8. Read sentences by putting together words. Start with easy sentences.
* Make sure you understand what you read. Don't just make the sounds.
* It's OK to use your finger or a piece of paper to help keep your place.

9. Practice reading. It's OK to read kids' books at first, even if you are an adult.

10. Write. You wouldn't only listen without talking. You shouldn't only read without writing. Don't worry if it's not very good at first.

TIPS

* Remember that learning to read is a process. Be patient with yourself and celebrate even a little progress along the way.

* Adapt your reading instruction for yourself. Do you need larger print to see it clearly? Do you need to take breaks?

* Read things you want to read. If you are interested in sports, read about sports. If you like animals, read about those.

* If you are reading this article for a friend or family member, remember that reading, especially at first, can be a struggle. Be supportive
How to Understand What You Read? 71846 How to Understand What You Read? 900118

How to Understand What You Read? 757745 Kristiina

"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
— Unknown
Back to top Go down
http://www.noetsilkys.com
showsilk

showsilk

Number of posts : 312
Registration date : 2007-09-04

PostSubject: Re: How to Understand What You Read?   How to Understand What You Read? EmptyTue Feb 17 2009, 21:19

Hehe! Funny!.. I meen it, you must have a gift for this!
Back to top Go down
http://www.showsilk.com
irma

irma

Number of posts : 1044
Registration date : 2006-12-20

PostSubject: Re: How to Understand What You Read?   How to Understand What You Read? EmptyTue Feb 17 2009, 21:27

How to Understand What You Read? 307388 uuu Kristiina thanks. How to Understand What You Read? 35414 .

I am also in school ( again) learning hopefully spanish.
We had on the chalkboard names of fruits ( frutas) and
vegetables ( verdes) .

The teacher asked from my friend to say Zanahoria ( sanaoria) ,
and my friend look me , and said PORKKANA.

How to Understand What You Read? 219850 hmmm said the teacher, how you read this, how
it is possible I wrote PORKKANA?

How to Understand What You Read? 35414 How to Understand What You Read? 35414 How to Understand What You Read? 35414 How to Understand What You Read? 35414

I thought a minute the teacher put my friend and I to the corner.
But then my friend say open his mouth again and he
had use some of those tips, I quess, because he say laud
SANAORIA SITTEN !

No, tuo tietenkin tarkoittaa PORKKANA. How to Understand What You Read? 953128

How to Understand What You Read? 307388 Uuu Kristiina , hauskat ohjeet

Minakin olen ( taas ) koululainen. Toivon oppivani
uuden kotimaani kielen tai edes osan siita.
Meille oli kirjoitettu hedelmien ja vihanneksien nimia taululle.

Opettaja pyysi ystavaani sanomaan taululle kirjoitetun sanan
Zanahoria ( sanotaan sanaoria ).
Ystava katsoi minua hataantyneen nakosena, ja sanoa paukautti
PORKKANA!

How to Understand What You Read? 219850 täh! sanoin opettaja, miten mina olen osannut sellaisen
sanan kirjoittaa?
How to Understand What You Read? 35414 How to Understand What You Read? 35414 How to Understand What You Read? 35414 How to Understand What You Read? 35414
Yffh, hetken luulin etta ystavani ja mina joudumme nurkkaan, kun
olin lakahtya naurusta.

Lopulta ystavani sitten ( kaytti ehka jonkun noista Kristiinan arvokkaista ohjeista lukemiseensa) aukaisi uudelleensanaisen arkkunsa,
ja tokas NO, How to Understand What You Read? 953128

SANAORIA, MUTTA PORKKANA SE ON !

Luokasta paastyani ajattelin etta ah miten suomalaista, kirjoitat
hyvaa paivaa , niin joku lukee ( nakee kirjoituksessa ) olet rikkonut ikkunan. How to Understand What You Read? 231421 , mutta jospa nyt nuo Kristiina ohjeistukset helppais tassakin asiassa.

Ihanaa olla koulussa, ajatella positiivisesti, osata lukea ja oppia lisaa.

How to Understand What You Read? 352894 Kristiina, kiitos iloisista asioista.

Irma ja uusi elama
Back to top Go down
showsilk

showsilk

Number of posts : 312
Registration date : 2007-09-04

PostSubject: Re: How to Understand What You Read?   How to Understand What You Read? EmptyTue Feb 17 2009, 21:33

Ha- Ha irma!! Than we do the same Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.showsilk.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to Understand What You Read?   How to Understand What You Read? Empty

Back to top Go down

How to Understand What You Read?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SILKKITERRIERIT TIIMI :: Keskustelua Silkkiterrierista / We talk about Silky Terriers :: Keskustelua yleisesti kaikesta mahdollisesta-
Jump to: