SILKKITERRIERIT TIIMI
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SILKKITERRIERIT TIIMI

SILKKITERRIERIT TIIMIN FOORUMI ON SILKKITERRIERI HARRASTAJIEN OMA YKSITYINEN FOORUMI

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Junior champion title VS not Junior champion title

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Anne R

Anne R

Number of posts : 312
Registration date : 2008-03-13

Junior champion title VS not Junior champion title Empty
PostSubject: Junior champion title VS not Junior champion title   Junior champion title VS not Junior champion title EmptyThu Aug 06 2009, 19:44

In a danish forum that I'm a member off, we have a discussion if there should be a Junior Champion title or not.
Some people are for it and others are against it.

I know that there is this title in some countries, but not in Denmark.

I would like to know your opinion about such a title - is it a good thing or a bad thing and why.

If there was a Junior champion title in Denmark, do you think that more people would come to Denmark with thiere juniors for shows ??

Junior champion title VS not Junior champion title 9704
Back to top Go down
http://www.rasholm.dk
irma

irma

Number of posts : 1044
Registration date : 2006-12-20

PostSubject: Hi Anne   Junior champion title VS not Junior champion title EmptyMon Aug 10 2009, 16:22

Rolling Eyes Anne, I know they are several show people who thinks it is not
important to have junior CAC and junior Champions.
BUT, as always all of them are wanting World Winner juniors European junior winners and so on Wink .

In my mind junior champion titles are important too.
If it is important to get new puppy owners to the shows, it is very
important to give this kind of possibilytes to them.
IF there are people who are not interested at all junior titles , they
can choose as they want, do not show juniors age dogs at all.
BUT those who likes junior titles can choose other way, to shows they
juniors and got titles to them as many as they are able to have.

When new puppy owners can won something really as a title even
junior ch title, they will be more interesting to go on with the adult dog too.

Think about DK, you pay 50 euros a show and you cannot have nothing
to your junior.
I know several who will not entry to DK the juniors , because they cannot
win there nothing. They know there will be more adults who wait CACs,
and this because they need to pay 50 euros for nothing.
Todays judges do not award often juniors with CACs in Europa, so why
entry any juniors at all and pay as much money for nothing?
You can get more when you entry them to match shows. Unfortunality
in Finland those who want to win all at shows want to win all in match
shows too Wink .

Junior cannot be ready as adult and this is why I like they need to
award as they age. And I like junior champion titles and BIS groups
are greats!

Anne kyselee tassa onko tarkeaa etta on junior tittleita.
Minun mielestani se on ehdottomasti hyva idea.
Tiedan etta monet "ammattilaiset" vastustavat naita titteleita, mutta
samalla kahmivat kaikki maailman voittaja ja europanvoittaja ym junior tittelit Basketball .

Aloittavaa harrastajaa pitaisi myos muistaa kannustaa ja innostaa harrastamaan. Koska nayttelyt ovat menneet yha enemman ammattilaisten peliksi ja voitot kaaritaan lahes aina samojen taskuun,
on tarkeaa etta edes junior ikaisena voi harrastajakin kokea onnistumisen
iloa josta sitten kasvaa kiinnostus jatkoon.

EI se keneltakaan pitaisi pois olla jos haluaa juniorinsa junior valioksi.
Ellei sitten halutakin etta kehista pois harrastajat ja "ammattilaiset"
ainoastaan kehiin.
Suomessa on aina vastustettu juniorvalio titteleita, mutta onko koskaan
edes "kentan" mielipidetta asiasta kysytty tai kuunneltu?
Nyt en tarkoita "kentan mielipiteena" niiden harvojen kaiken tietavia
ja kaiken kahmivia vaan nimen omaan sita enemmistoa sita tavallista
harrastaja joukkoa joka menee innoissaan niihin maihin hakemaan junnutittelit joissa niita on saatavilla.
Junior champion title VS not Junior champion title 769974 Junnutittelit kehiin, kelpaa takuulla kaikkille sitten kun niita on tarjolla.

Irma ja silkkipoikariesa Inari, Tonta ja Melbe

Back to top Go down
showsilk

showsilk

Registration date : 2007-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Junior champion title VS not Junior champion title   Junior champion title VS not Junior champion title EmptyMon Aug 10 2009, 16:33

I agree with Irma!
Back to top Go down
http://www.showsilk.com
Anne R

Anne R

PostSubject: Re: Junior champion title VS not Junior champion title   Junior champion title VS not Junior champion title EmptyMon Aug 10 2009, 20:42

Irma
I am thinking the same as you - I would like that the Junior CH title was here in Denmark.
We are not many people here in DK with Silky's so it would be nice if more people would come to the shows also with juniors.

The people here that are against the junior CH title say that its becaurse it would reduce the "glory" (not the right word) of the adult CH title. I dont think so.

You and I talked about me going to Spain with Riiini trying to get a junior CH title to him. But that thought off travel with him as a junior would never have crossed my mind, if there wasn't af junior CH title to go for. Then I would have waited until Riiini was adult and hopefully have got his DK CH and then travel outside Denmark.

That our oconomy told us, that I couldn't travel to Spain with Riiini when he was junior was a pity.
So know as far as I know, I would have to wait until he is a DK CH and that might take some time becaurse he is a late bloomer Wink before he can have CH-title outside Denmark. I dont know if that is rigth.

Back to top Go down
SILKYS PARADISE

SILKYS PARADISE

Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Junior champion title VS not Junior champion title   Junior champion title VS not Junior champion title EmptyTue Aug 11 2009, 18:11

Yes indeed if the price to register a young dog is the same as for an adult, than it is better you can get a J CAC.
Here in Belgium (also in France) no Junior title. We have to go to NL, Germany and Luxemburg.
But I think it is important to go with the dog in Junior class to train him, to look how he is growing up on the show and to compare with other dogs.
Some dogs have very good results when they are young and less when they are older. Sometimes it is the contrary; all depends how the dog is changing and how he is on the show.

If people are not going for the JR champion title, why they are then going for the Vet champion title (a vet has nothing to prove anymore).

In my mind also an European or World Jr Champion title is sometimes a question of luck (depends from one judge and from how the dog is on that unique show). But...don't understand me wrong: I was so happy when I get them (more particulary the W. Jr Champ title in Finland with our Vagabond we bred in our little country of Belgium).

Monique, Karel and Vagabond's mother B M Waikiki Wilma

Last edited by SILKYS PARADISE on Thu Aug 13 2009, 16:49; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anne R

Anne R

PostSubject: Re: Junior champion title VS not Junior champion title   Junior champion title VS not Junior champion title EmptyWed Aug 12 2009, 18:56

Off course its very important to take your junior to a lot off shows, when its junior - its very good training bounce

But I see no reason why I should spend a lot off money (if I had them Crying or Very sad ) to travel to a lot of shows outside Denmark if there was nothing to compeed for like a Jr.CH title when my dog was junior.
So I understand why people dont storm Denmark with thier juniors to our shows, becaurse there is no Junior Champion to go for.

I think that most people like to win - I know that I do. But I accept if the judge dont think my dog is the best that particulary day.
Its rater expensive to go to shows and if you travel outside your country its even more expensive - travel, place to stay etc., so at least there should be a possibility to bring something home.

Back to top Go down
irma

irma

Number of posts : 1044
Registration date : 2006-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Junior champion title VS not Junior champion title   Junior champion title VS not Junior champion title EmptySun Aug 30 2009, 23:02

Yes ladies, I wish all countries must get Junior tittles and Veteran
titles too!

It is soooo funny that I can get my dogs Nordig Champions in our
kennel club in Finland, but they do not write up my dogs
Baltic Champion tittles ???
I must pay all Baltic Champion titles 25 euros to get it even
my dogs have won it already ( Nordig Champion tittle is free for
payments) ... so I wonder how and who and why our Finnish Kennel
Club do not accept this champion titles ?

The rules for Nordig CH is the same as Baltic CH.
You must have 3 Scandinavian CH tittles for Nordig CH, and
3 Baltic CH titles from Baltia .
It is NOT easier to win in Baltia than in Nordig shows.
There are always almost same judges.

Junior champion title VS not Junior champion title 398857 So , more tittles for juniors and veterans too.

Irma
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Junior champion title VS not Junior champion title   Junior champion title VS not Junior champion title Empty

Back to top Go down

Junior champion title VS not Junior champion title
Page 1 of 1